Η μεγάλη αποκάλυψη της ιστοσελίδας «ΟΧΙ στο Σχέδιο Ανάν».
Σας παραθέτουμε ένα ηλεκτρονικό μήνυμα ΣΤΑ ΑΓΓΛΙΚΑ που ξεκίνησε να στέλνεται από την 1η Απριλίου 2004 σε ΕΚΑΤΟΝΤΑΔΕΣ ηλεκτρονικές διευθύνσεις στην Κύπρο ΧΩΡΙΣ ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΑ! Αναφέρει επιχειρηματολογία υπέρ του Σχεδίου Ανάν. Εδώ θα διαβάστε πολλές από τις απόψεις που οι θιασώτες του ΝΑΙ εκφράζουν καμιά φορά δημόσια, ανοίγοντας ερωτηματικά κατά πόσο οι απόψεις τους είναι απλή μεταφορά απόψεων άλλων (που προτιμούν να εκφράζονται στα αγγλικά!).
Στο τέλος της σελίδας, παραθέτουμε και μία συνοπτική απάντηση του καθηγητή Παναγιώτη Ήφαιστου. Η γλώσσα της απάντησης είναι πάλι η αγγλική, επειδή απευθύνεται σε αυτούς που έγραψαν τις απόψεις αυτές (και όχι σε όσους τις αναμασούν).
Subject: Full text of Annan Plan v4
As expected, media coverage of the Annan 4 plan was a big fraud. The
anti-solution spin doctors, once again, had a field day. Read the original
document for yourself, and find out the truth.
Attached is a full copy of the 204 page document given to the two sides on
March 29th in Lucerne (use WinZip to unpack, from www.winzip.com
<http://www.winzip.com/ ). Also attached is a summary document of benefits
gained under Annan 4, written for the purpose of providing a counterweight
to the unbelievable anti-solution propaganda flying around these days. Feel
free to forward this email and both attachments to anyone who you think
could use being better informed.
Of course we should use the remaining one-two days to negotiate for
improvements, and not allow Turkey to get out of this scot-free: indeed, one
hopes our leaders are doing just that right now. However, the widespread
misinformation being spread about the plan has gone far enough, and it has
to stop right here, right now.
Many of the lies and propaganda are exposed in the attached document, "Annan
4 benefits.doc". However, three of the absolutely biggest and most
breathtaking lies we have heard so far are exposed below, for your
Big Lie #1: "Territory returned will not be under UN control"
The Truth, quoting straight from Annan 4. (UN will take over in a
sufficiently effective manner the "territorial responsibility" for the areas
to be returned in phases 3,4,5 and 6, from 3 to 10 months before the date of
"All areas falling within these boundaries are legally part of the
constituent state of which they form part from the moment of entry into
force of the Foundation Agreement, regardless of whether their
administration is delegated for an interim period in accordance with this
1. Administration of areas subject to territorial adjustment
(other than the United Nations Buffer Zone) is entrusted by the constituent
state of which they are legally part ("the entitled constituent state") to
the authorities of the other constituent state ("the entrusted authorities")
for specified periods from the day of entry into force of the Foundation
Agreement. The entrustment of administration shall end, and the area shall
be transferred to the entitled constituent state, in six phases as depicted
in the attached map and specified in a further attachment to this Annex.
2. The constituent states shall render full cooperation to the
United Nations which, in conformity with its mandate, shall supervise
activities relating to the transfer of areas subject to territorial
adjustment and contribute to the maintenance of a secure environment.
3. During the last months of phases three to six, when
supervision by the United Nations of the activities relating to the transfer
of areas subject to territorial adjustment shall be enhanced in the relevant
areas, administration shall be shared between the entrusted authorities and
the United Nations. The United Nations shall assume territorial
responsibility for those areas, without prejudice to the administration of
the daily lives of the local population by the entrusted authorities. The
United Nations may issue directives to local officials, and, should it be
necessary, preclude a local official from duty in the area; United Nations
police shall have full powers in the area and the right to give operational
instructions to local police.
4. Areas subject to territorial adjustment shall be vacated of
any forces and armaments no later than two weeks prior to:
a. the specified date for transfer to the entitled constituent state
(in phases one and two); or
b. the specified date for assumption of territorial responsibility by
the United Nations (in phases three to six); and no forces and armaments,
except those of the United Nations, shall be located thereafter in that area
or within 1000 metres of it.
Big Lie #2: "Settlers can continue to legally come to Cyprus and ultimately
take it over!!"
The Truth, quoting straight from Annan 4. (After the 5% limit expires, or
even before it expires, we get something better. Demographic ratios between
Greek speakers and Turkish speakers throughout Cyprus to stay forever as
they are now!!!)
Residence of Greek and Turkish nationals
1. Notwithstanding existing provisions of Community law, the application of
restrictions, on a non-discriminatory basis, on:
a) the right of Greek nationals to reside in Cyprus, if the number of
resident Greek nationals has reached 5% of the number of resident Cypriot
citizens who hold the internal constituent state citizenship status of the
Greek Cypriot constituent State and who are not dual nationals;
b) the right of Turkish nationals to reside in Cyprus, if the number of
resident Turkish nationals has reached 5% of the number of resident Cypriot
citizens who hold the internal constituent citizenship status of the Turkish
Cypriot constituent State and who are not dual nationals;
shall not be precluded for a transitional period of up to 19 years after the
entry into force of this Act or until Turkey joins the European Union,
whichever is the earlier.
2.Notwithstanding the above, the United Cyprus Republic, in consultation
with the Commission, may take safeguard measures to ensure that the
demographic ratio between Cypriot permanent residents speaking either Greek
or Turkish as mother tongue is not substantially altered.
Big Lie #3: "Fewer refugees can go back, now it's only 18% instead of
The Truth, quoting straight from Annan 4. ( The 18% limit refers to those
who can exercise political rights (except Senate elections) in the Turkish
Cypriot state. Every single refugee who had some property or lived in a
house for 10 years can go back, either to their home or to another dwelling
or land in their town or village (text in [ ] square brackets is explanation
of complex terms for simplicity))
5. Any dispossessed owner (other than an institution) is entitled
to reinstatement [per the Definitions section, reinstatement allows 'use for
his/her own purposes', which includes unrestricted right to live there
regardless of permanent residence] of his/her affected property within the
limits of his/her reinstatement entitlement [33.3% of area or value of his
property] . To this effect, s/he may elect any of his/her affected property
which is eligible for reinstatement.
6. If the dispossessed owner elects to be reinstated to a
dwelling which s/he has not built and in which s/he did not live for a
period of at least 10 years and which has been used by the same current user
for the last 10 years, the Property Board shall use its discretion, taking
into account all relevant factors, in deciding whether to grant
reinstatement. Should the Property Board not grant reinstatement of such a
dwelling [if the title goes to the T/C current user], the dispossessed owner
shall choose another of his/her affected properties eligible for
reinstatement. In the absence of such eligible property, the following
paragraph shall apply.
7. If the reinstatement entitlement is larger than the area or
the value of a dispossessed owner's affected property which is eligible for
reinstatement, such owner may:
c. sell his/her reinstatement entitlement to another dispossessed
owner from the same municipality or village;
d. exchange his/her reinstatement entitlement for a property in the
same village or municipality of his/her choosing from among the holdings of
the Property Board, or if no equivalent land is available, in a neighbouring
village or municipality; or
e. receive compensation and buy property of equivalent size and value
in the same village or municipality;
provided s/he was displaced after his/her 10th birthday.
8. If the reinstatement entitlement is not sufficient to permit
the dispossessed owner to be reinstated in a dwelling which s/he owned when
it was built or in which s/he lived for at least ten years, the dispossessed
owner will be entitled to reinstatement of the dwelling and up to one donum
of the adjacent land area of which s/he was dispossessed. If the affected
property of a dispossessed owner has been distributed or sub-divided since
dispossession, this special rule only applies to the aggregated
reinstatement entitlements of all the successors in title as though a single
claim was being made by the original dispossessed owner.
9. Agricultural land shall not be reinstated if this warrants a
sub-division into plots of less than five donums, or less than two donums
for irrigable land.
10. If the reinstatement entitlement does not allow the reinstatement
of a dwelling or the minimum size of agricultural plots, the dispossessed
owner may sell his/her reinstatement entitlement to another dispossessed
owner from the same municipality or village or may elect to receive
compensation for it. Purchased reinstatement entitlements can be aggregated
with other reinstatement entitlements from the same municipality or village
and used to obtain property in that municipality or village.
Από δω και κάτω ο σχολιασμός του καθηγητή κ. Παναγιώτη Ήφαιστου.
Big fraud is the cover action of those who hide behind empty words and material rewards on order to fight freedom, human rights, international law and historical truth. The original text is by all means a fascist freedom. Some evidence that support this position:
1) It abolishes a sovereign state member of the United Nations and the European Union.
2) It suppresses the human rights of the citizens and arrogantly demands from the “co-presidents” to inform the competent international institutions accordingly.
3) It violates ecumenically accepted democratic principles by equating 82% with 18%.
4) It enslaves both communities in a non-functional political system whereby no decision would possible save the ones taken by arbitration of foreign judges.
5) It perpetuates imperialistic military bases reviving colonial practises.
6) It splits the island on national-racist basis thus perpetuating a division among the two communities imposed upon and retained by divide and rule practices.
7) It institutionalizes colonial so-called “guarantees” combined with presence of foreign armies and loosely defined “right” of intervention.
8) It sweeps away all achievements of western civilization such as “checks and balances”, democratically defined social goals, democratic institutions in harmony with these goals and accordance of the privilege to define the sociopolitical changes in line with continuously, democratically and freely expressed collective social will.
9) For all practical purposes, it abolishes the most important achievements of human civilization at the interstate level: Non intervention, interstate sovereign equality, and the right of self-determination of the societies of sovereign states.
10) By all means the above constitute a historic setback as regards human civilization marking the ephemeral comeback of fascist and imperial postures whenever traitors, servants of fascist ideas and supporters of paternalistic autarchic regimes are ready to accommodate and perpetuate imperialistic claims.
Shame to those servants of fascism, enemies of freedom and petty propagandists of imperialism who take chance of the weaknesses of the Cypriot people in order to lie, insult and distort the truth.
Panayiotis Ifestos 10.4.2004
Αφιέρωμα στο Σχέδιο Ανάν του ηλεκτρονικού περιοδικού Αντίβαρο